SRH vs PBKS: The work with Brian Lara is helping me now - Abhishek Sharma on his sensational IPL 2024 form

SRH vs PBKS: The work with Brian Lara is helping me now - Abhishek Sharma on his sensational IPL 2024 form

Abhishek Sharma

Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) batter Abhishek Sharma opened up about his innings in the game against Punjab Kings (PBKS) in the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2024. He said that coming into the tournament he was clear on how he was going to play and dominate the tournament. 

Abhishek Sharma was yet again the match-winner for Sunrisers Hyderabad in the ongoing Indian Premier League 2024. The opening batter played a sensational knock against Punjab Kings in the 69th game of the tournament, which took place at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium in Hyderabad. 

Abhishek Sharma came out all guns blazing with the bat after Sunrisers Hyderabad were set a target of 215 runs on the board. Despite the team losing Travis Head for duck, the young batter looked unfazed by it and continued with his aggressive game. 

Abhishek Sharma, who has been going through the purple patch in the league, took his team off to a brutal start and almost sealed the game for his team with his sensational knock inside the first 10 overs of the chase at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium in Hyderabad. 

Abhishek Sharma slammed another brutal half-century in the IPL 2024 and ended with an innings of 66 runs off just 28 balls. He batted with a strike rate of over 235 and also hit 5 fours and 6 sixes in his innings. Thanks to his knock, SRH chased the target with 5 balls to spare. 

Abhishek Sharma admitted that his days are going well and highlighted that he carried the confidence from the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy. He also revealed Brian Lara is working with him and stated that he wants to put bowlers under pressure. Speaking to broadcasters, he explained: 

"It's a matter of time for any batsman. My days are going well so I should utilize it for my team. I wanted to contribute as the target was big today. I think I have told this before, during SMAT I was clear how I was going to play and dominate (during IPL). 

"He (Lara) was our coach as well, have done some work with him, he's in touch. That's helping me now. Just waiting for the loose balls, I am going hard against them and trying to put them (bowlers) under pressure. I was talking to Nitish, the more I was waiting it was getting easier for me." 

I was ready for that - Abhishek Sharma on his battle with Harshal Patel 

Abhishek Sharma also talked about his battle with Harshal Patel and stated that he was ready for the challenge. He also thanked fans at Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium for their support. He added: 

"I was ready for that (playing against Harshal). I was trying to take a single but fortunately got a boundary (one of the balls.) I want to thank the crowd, with special mention to the pitch curator and groundsmen. They have given pitches that have suited our style." 

Abhishek Sharma has been in the staggering touch this season. He has scored 467 runs at a strike rate of over 200 in 13 matches at an average of 38.92



from CricketAddictor https://ift.tt/46dhu9T
via IFTTT

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post